Friday, April 21, 2006

Still hopeful

I'm still here, folks. I'm so terrible when it comes to writing that I don't do it much. Well, nothing has changed much except for my crowning glory. I thought that my hair had a life of its own, getting harder to manage each day. As if it's not enough that I 've had some troublesome days!
Anyway, I was so disappointed about having another unwanted monthly period that I couldn't talk about it. We certainly had our hopes high but to our dismay, nothing good came out of it. I guess that's the price we have to pay for some leisure. So, I decided to move on in silence, taking things astride. Another round of Clomiphene and the whole she-bang, another series of ultrasound. For a while, I got used to being in the lithotomy position that I didn't care anymore.
Meanwhile, my dear husband started applying for his residency training in Surgery. I, on the other hand, didn't go with him. This time, it's just a matter of priorities. I don't know how we'll be able to make a baby with both of us on duty, with different schedules and all stressed out. Not to mention the very low salary that's just enough for his food and gas allowance. Staying home might be the more sensible choice for us. In any case, the monetary compesation is not really a big issue. The better end of this deal is the amount of knowledge and skill that he can get from this experience.
We haven't given up on our upcoming career abroad. It's just that things are taking longer than usual. Honestly, we don't know what to do anymore. The Medical Board of PNG's really squeezing out every last bit of patience we have. If I may say so, I think they're just a bunch of morons who doesn't know what's good for them! We gave them all the requirements, our clinic is almost done, the only foreign doctor in the area has left already, and all that's missing is us. It's the end of the month again and time for them to congregate. I hope this months meeting will be more productive and favorable. *Fingers crossed*
And so amongst all this chaos and uncertainty, one thing is for sure... I love the way my mom cut my mane! I feel ten pounds lighter!

No comments: