Sunday, May 14, 2006

It's My Party

...and I'll cry if I want to. Yep! Today is the day. I'm thirty one and I want to stop counting from here on.
When I was YOUNG-er, I was so excited about my birthday. I couldn't sleep waiting for midnight to come when all my friends would call me up and I'd be on the phone for hours. I used to be excited about a new birthday dress to wear, giddy about the celebration to come. Those were the days.
Today, I'm just happy to wake up to a new day! No birthday cards to read, no presents to open (except for that red envelope mom & dad gave), aside from that I know so well that there's nothing for me today. Dad woke me up with a greeting as I in turn greeted my mom a Happy Mother's Day. It doesn't bother me to share the limelight with all the mothers out there, coz if it weren't for them, there'll be no birthdays. I felt neglected somehow. Mom took off early to go to Pampanga and attend one of my cousin's wedding. Dad opted to stay home with us.
I went to Church early ( which is very rare) with my hubby just to thank the Lord for all the blessings He had showered upon me. I am not a deeply religious person but I know how to give back what God has given me.
Maybe we'll celebrate later. I'm glad Clomiphene hasn't started kicking in yet or else, I'd wind up a famished grouch. I'm feeling...Italian.
I have only one wish for my birthday... **********
I think you know it by now.

Have a great day everyone!
Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Leslie!!!!I hope that the rest of the day/evening are blessed with richness! You are such a sweet dear friend! I wish you the best!!!!

Beth {kewl_jive} said...

Happy Birthday! May your life continue to grow and change beautifully through the years. Enjoy your day, Les. Beth

dionne said...

happy birthday leslie! may all your wishes come true. =)

Me said...

hi les, happy birthday!! :D

i stopped counting when i was 25! ;)

wish you all the best..

kitakitts

mrs.S said...

Belated happy birthday, Leslie!!!