Tuesday, July 12, 2005

In 3's

They say that death comes in three's. I am slightly superstitious that's why I can be a sucker for traditional beliefs. Last week, there were three deaths in the family. Thankfully, It didn't involve the people I hold dearest to my heart. I don't think I could hold on to my sanity if something should happen to them. Incidents like these reminds me to call on God. I am not deeply religious. I barely go to church but when I do, I make sure that I give myself to His service.

It was my mother-in-law's brother that passed away last wednesday. The day before that, he suffered a massive stroke (intracerebral hemorrhage) which sent him to a catastrophic, comatose state. We were not there to make the initial assessment nor were we in a position to decide which road the family should take. The hardest part of my profession is making these so-called life changing decisions. How do we tell the relatives that there is no hope? We don't. We give them options even if the situation seem bleek. It's just depressing to see that ultimately, the final dictate will still revolve around the financial capability of the family. For the wealthy, the choices are limitless. For the impoverished, there is no choice. But for everyone, there is always hope...even in the slightest of possibilities.

We spent the weekend in Bulacan with Jayson's siblings. For the first time, I enjoyed it. No tension, no rivalry, no negative vibes...it felt great! They're my family now, and we do have each other to rely on. The family's darkest hours brought us together.

On a lighter note, I was able to snatch some time to work on my digiscrapbook. For this weekend, I was able to make three layouts. I tried doing it in Adobe. It's much too complicated for me. Good thing I have a software that's easy to use...made for slow-learners like me. It's a little draining but the outcome is soooo...worth it! Check it out here.

1 comment:

Yax said...

hi les! i couldn't view your digiscrapbook... :( sayang... but i'm sure ur works are great! enjoy the rest of the week! :)