Sunday, May 01, 2005

It's in the Bag

I packed my things, bought plastic bags, had my money changed to smaller bills...Garage Sale!
This was an entirely different experience for my husband and I, first time. We got up early and loaded the car with things I hoped would not return back home.
It was a hot day! Even with the tents up, I was dripping in sweat which I don't often secrete profusely. Good thing, we had Mia(Mangahas) and her family to share the tent with. The boredom was lessened to a point.
I used to drop by garage sales when I'm in the US and I get to buy a lot for my cousins. Back here, I guess people are not used to it. The narrowminded would think that we're shameless and needy. Imagine, selling your personal stuff for such a small price. My dad didn't approve of my eagerness to join the sale. He's too proud for that! I did it anyway!
We didn't get to sell a lot but we did sell some big items. Many factors played a part: the gate was not openned so the potential buyers may have shyed away from ringing the doorbell just to get in; the heat was intense; there were only a couple of people who came, they're probably parochials; the items I was selling didn't fit some potential buyers because I'm a size XS-M for clothes and 5 1/2-6 for footwear; and the price is not right!
I'm bad at selling things. I'm a better shopper at that. I get frustrated and sorry for my things when the customers would lower the price to something ridiculous, say, minus 80% of the cost. Imagine, this lady was bargaining with me for an item priced at P500 for P100. That's robbery! I would rather keep my stuff. I conditioned myself to stay in the tent and not roam around. Not that I'm anti-social, I just didn't want to buy more stuff that I don't really need and would regret buying in the end.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

(L-R: took a moment to pose while arranging the things on sale; J and Maan can't wait to leave the place ; all packed-up and ready to go, what's for lunch)

So after staying for 3 hours, we packed our things and headed-off to eat at Pancake house, where else? Only burger steak can ease my hungerpangs. Good thing we earned more than what we have spent.
Overall, I think we did good. I'd do it again if the opportunity arises.

7 comments:

Aggie said...

Leslie! Kakatingin ko lang ng Yahoo Photos mo where you are selling your stuff....I love your bags!!! HAAA!!!! Temptation temptation! LOL

Leslie said...

Aggie, One day garage sale lang yang sa picture. N@wies ang nag-organize. But I usually meet buyers at RobPlace and Greenhills. Basta kung saan mas malapit. Actually, nakakilala pa nga ko ng 2 former w@wies dahil sa mga bags na yan eh. Enjoy talaga!

abie said...

hi leslie,

kasali ka pala sa garage sale organized by n@w noh, tinext nga ako ni benz, pero di din kami nakapunta. sama kse pakiramdam ko eh. sayang sana nakita kita don.

abie ni howell

abie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~*LeAh*~ said...

hi ate leslie. thanks for droppin' by my blog. where's your tagboard anyway?

you can post the stuff your selling at teentalk's forum at Candy store thread. :D

dionne said...

looks like fun. naku, fave ko pa naman yung mga ganyan... pero tama nga si aggie. temptation! hehe! sana mabalita din sa w@w yan. =)

Rose David Paje said...

Hey Leslie! twas nice meeting you. love-love the bag.

Nagulat ako ke Jolen ako pala ang nagbigay ng site mo sa kanya sa YM conference ng w@wies at n@wies, tawa nga ako ng tawa kasi di ko alam first name nia (sia pala si icemint). Sa chat kasi by username ko lang sila kilala hahaha.

Link kita sa blogsite ko ha.

Take care.