Saturday, May 14, 2005

Running Years

It's my birthday! My 30th! Oh my, oh my, only one year to go before the calendar rejects my age.
It's been a busy day, running all around doing things for other people. Never really had time to celebrate on my own.

The day before...
Maybe God wanted to give me a gift. He sent us a lot of patients for circumcision this week. Thank you Lord! At least, I won't be spending this day empty handed. Being a doctor is not really a business as some may think of it. I still hold on to the belief that it is a calling... to serve and to heal. The monetary matter is just a tiny reward. Everyday, I learn something new. I get to experience first hand the things that I was exposed to only in books. It feels great to conquer your fears. Suddenly, the vagueness of it all just disappears.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Moving on... We fetched my Tita at the Airport. Looked for every blonde lady that came out. Finally, we saw her, brought her home, she distributed the pasalubongs, and luckily, they remembered my birthday. Sigh. I was about to put to test the Pitiful face I've been practicing for days.
As predicted, I got the bulk of the pasalubongs. Brought home a handful of chocolates! My cousins need not argue with this. I'm the eldest, that's why! 2:00AM

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

We attended the Golden Wedding Anniversary of my dad's bestfriend. Dad stood as one of their principal sponsor. I was moved...just to see all their children gather up and prepare for this event. An occassion such as this is so rare. We were fortunate to take witness. 50 years of love, fidelity and all the things in between. Imagine, such devotion! I can only wish for something like that in the future. If we're lucky enough, I'd love to go though with the same chaos and euphoria as I did when we got married...minus the expenses. 7:00PM

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

So there goes my day...
I'm sure next year will bring something different, something special. Can't wait!

11 comments:

talhey said...

doc leslie, happy 30th birthday.
may you have more birthdays to celebrate and more candles to blow.
may our good Lord continue to shower you with blessings and guidance...and your loved ones too. have a wonderful birthday weekend.

Aggie said...

Happy Birthday Leslie!!! Many many more years to come..Enjoy :) (At andaya, kahit 30 ka na, nakakakuha ka pa din ng chocolates! Hehehe)

Leslie said...

Talhey and Aggie!
Thank you for greeting me. Hopefully, it'll be productive.
Have a nice weekend!

Me said...

les, pag32 ka na, pagawa tyo calendar dagdag natin hehe!

ahh.. mmm.. nd ko naramadamang bday mo, wala bang pablowout jan? :D hehe

maligayang bati, kahit delayed! :D

abieco said...

happy 30th birthday!!! (makapit na tayong mawala sa kalendaryo!!!)

Leslie said...

Mga friends!
Thanks again. Ok lang naman tumanda basta wag lang magmukhang matanda. Ahihihi!

gra said...

belated happy birthday leslie.. u dont look 30 yet. :-)

Anonymous said...

wow happy birthday leslie! i agree you don't look 30 at all! kala ko fresh from college ka pa lang, walang bola!

(sorry tagal nang walang comments from me, haven't bloghopped for so long! i missed your entries! ignore me while i continue reading on the past entries)

Nette said...

Hi Leslie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! and may you have many more. Don't worry about the calender, as long as you are young at heart.

Leah said...

belated happy bday, leslie. god bless! :)

mrs.S said...

LESLIE!!!
belated happy birthday!!! mwah, mwah!