Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Eat Your Cake

Basti...our pet pug, just turned 6 today.
After seeing the dog in the movie Men In Black, I couldn't stop thinking of getting a pug. Well, that was six years ago. My dad who just retired then needed something that would occupy his time. It was perfect timing! Day after day, I would browse through the classified adds hoping to find our future pet. We didn't go to petshops because as we know, most of the pups there were undernourished. Besides, we wanted to get to know or see the breeders and their pets. After some time, we were lucky to find one.

When I first saw Basti, I knew he was the one. He was really mischievous, playful, and full of energy. He had a great smile on his face and his eyes sparkled with glee. I couldn't let go of him! So without further delay, we brought him home. My mom was surprised to see him. Amazed and baffled, she said that she's never seen such an ugly dog. Poor Basti. He's not short of being really good-looking, his face has character. I thought he was the most adorable pug!

After 6 years of living the good life, he's more laid back, not so frivolous, eats more, runs less, and still sweet. As he celebrated his birthday today, I noticed that he was exceptionally more happy. It's as if he knew how special this day is. This is officially the first time he's had a party. He couldn't wait to jump on his cake! After blowing the candles ( which I did for him... wouldn't want to share with his saliva) I gave him his part of the cake and he quickly finished it up to the last crumb. It was a happy day for all of us. This is just a small gift for someone who made a big difference in our lives. He brought so much joy into our home. My only wish is for him to be able to live a healthy and longer life. Happy birthday to my precious brother, friend and companion!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: