Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Traveler

Back to the old days. I've been having a hard time breezing through the internet. First, since my dsl server was always down...we had it disconnected. We also changed our phone line to PLDT. Bayantel's service really sucks! I don't recall a time when I successfully connected with a line other than theirs. Oh, the trouble I had to go through just to take a peek at my blog.

So many things happened in the past two weeks.
First, my grandma passed away already. She's my Apo Eleng, the one who took care of me from birth to my teenage years. I only have fond memories of her. She passed away swiftly. She suffered from Pneumonia and Septicemia...putting her in high risk and succumbing to death. I was holding her hand when she took her last breath. There was nothing I can do.

We had to travel by boat for her burial. Amidst the typhoon and flood, we arrived safely. It was Jayson's first time for a boat ride. While he was busy disguising his anxiety, the ride brought a lot of memories from my childhood. It's been ages since I last went to Nigui, Pampanga. Things haven't changed much. And the only reason I'm coming back is to see my Apo for the last time.
Her demise brought sorrow to my soul. Apo Eleng will always have a special place in my heart. I know she's in a better place now and that's enough consolation.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Last week, my mother-in-law left for PNG. Soon we'll be doing the same thing. I'm still conditioning myself for this change. This weekend, my mom will be leaving for the states. Since there was no way of stopping her, better do it now while I'm still here. It's better that way. My dad won't be left alone and he wouldn't feel the loneliness as much. Besides, I'm still looking forward to some pasalubong!

A lot of things still needs to be dealt with. For now, I'm taking things one day at a time.

2 comments:

Marj and Carlos said...

Hi Leslie. Thanks for dropping by my blog. My condolences to your family. When are you leaving for Papua? And just to be impertinent, why did you choose PNG? Good luck though. I know it's a big change, I've gone through it myself. But I'm sure you'll both adjust quite well.

Faye said...

hi, les! my sincere condolences to you and to your family. i know it's hard dealing with all the changes in your life but i know you'll be alright. good luck!