Monday, October 03, 2005

Traveler

One by one, I'm saying goodbye to my personal belongings. First, my laptop then my PDA's, then my clothes, bags, and shoes. What next? All those years that I took care of them, not a scratch or defect, I was sad to see them go. Since I can't bring them all with me on my journey, I'd be happier to see that others are putting them into better use. And so I hope.

+ + +

My mom hasn't gone home yet. I miss her terribly. I was always affectionate towards her and am never ashamed to say that I love her. It's just that, sometimes we don't really agree with the decisions that she makes. She's very secretive, to the point that the only time I get to discover something is when things get out of hand and she could no longer keep it private.
I've always admired her for her kindness. Often times, I call her a Saint. That's why other people take advantage of her generosity. Maybe, that's our main difference. She's a Saint, I'm a Sinner. I could never measure up to her golden heart. I just think she's foolish to let others manipulate her in a way. Not that I'm selfish or greedy... I just think that being kind and giving should have limitations.
Thankfully, I also learned from her the virtue of patience. If I didn't, I don't know how I could take my husband's antics. LOL! I guess I learned from the expert! Seeing how my mom dealt with my dad when I was growing up was really a good learning experience.
She just turned 56 last weekend. I hope she had a blast celebrating her birthday. Please come back soon. We're kind of lost without her.

+ + +
On a sad note, we just discovered that my Aunt has Breast Cancer. She's my dad's eldest sister...and her favorite sibling. I can see how affected my dad is and we don't know how to react given this situation. It was just last month when she consulted me about this lump she had on her breast. As any physician would advise, I told her to have a Mammogram. And it confirmed all our fears.
She's a strong-willed woman maybe that's why she was able to take it well. It was only after her surgery that we knew about her grave situation. Hopefully, with the help of chemotherapy, she'd be able to fight this battle and succeed. Our prayers go to you.
+ + +
And so I leave you with this quote:
" I am only a traveler, a tourist here on earth; and so I travel light - with only a few things as possible. That way I am ready to go on short notice."
- Unknown Monk

3 comments:

dionne said...

hi leslie! is this papua new guinea? anyway, ingat kaw san ka man paroroon. =)

talhey said...

hi doc! wishing for a smooth transistion, goodluck. praying for your aunt's condition also...have a great weekend :p

Anonymous said...

Blogging Rocks! Do you have any pets?
I have a website about Pet Photography Studio Prices Pop over if you get a chance to see some really cute Pics!