Sunday, December 25, 2005

Eat, Drink, Be Merry

Merry Christmas, everyone!
I just love the holidays! This year's Christmas celebration is something that I will always cherish. It's more joyous, more sentimental and everything in between. We started by dressing up my pet, Basti so he could have his holiday photo taken. He's such a cutie! Don't you think?

Then we grilled some lamb and pork chop marinated with Jack Daniel's whisky for dinner. I am not deeply religious that's why I didn't go to the midnight mass. Took a break and waited for 12 o'clock to eat Noche Buena. It was delightful!
For the first time, my dh's family joined us in celebrating. We ate, drank and exchanged gifts. It's fun to see people's faces light up when they receive presents. And even though I didn't receive any, I felt better seeing our family enjoy theirs. "It's better to give...than to receive?"...mostly true, but I have some selfish moods too and I love receiving presents. I guess I should be thankful for the blessings that cannot be measured materially.
And yes, it's my first Christmas with my husband. The more I'm thrilled to celebrate and make it special. I took on the task of cooking which I don't normally do. No big deal, I loved having done it for my loved ones.
Flashback: a week before Christmas, we ate at CPK and ordered the Penne with Italian sausages. We really loved it that's why I wanted to replicate it at home. 2days before the 24th, we we're desperately looking for Italian sausages to go with the pasta. We finally found it but wasn't sure if it's the same thing.
And so back with my story, I'm just glad that my family loved what I had prepared.
Ok, my thoughts are a little disorganized. That's what happens when I'm genuinely happy. Thanks for bearing with me.
For now, I bid you this... "Feliz Navidad!"

Cheers!

1 comment:

Val said...

Love the happy picture :) Glad you had a fun day!