Saturday, April 16, 2005

Just like 'Ol Times

This day was a blast! It's been two years since I last saw my bestfriend, Doray. Nothing has changed except for the fact that I'm married now. We're still laughing like crazy, making fun of our old experiences. Those were the days when we didn't have a care in the world. Bad girl- Good girl! That's us! Just guess who's who of the two. As we matured, I realized that the goofy girl(she still is) I know has grown to become a successful career inclined lady. Far from her juvenile delinquent image. She's now a very independent, responsible, and family oriented person. I've always admired her for her strength and guts. That's one thing I envy about her.

Back in highschool, we had different sets of friends. One would wonder how we can stay bestfriends even if we're not always together. Maybe we shared a deeper kind of friendship that knows no distance. We both wanted to be Fashion designers but our parents we're not supportive of the idea. That's when we took our alternative courses at UST. She took up Pharmacy and I took Physical Therapy. That was the time when PT was a so in-demand. Eventually, she shifted to PT and transferred to Fatima College, I stayed at UST for at least another year. Things were chaotic that time. I decided to fail my subjects so I'd get an honorable dismissal, that way, I would at least have a reason to shift to Fine Arts. But all my plans failed and I ended up transferring to Fatima too. Joy and I were back together again. We shared the same dorm, same food, same transportation, and even shared our dreams. We once contemplated on going to Med school together. After graduation, we sort of took a different path. Maybe we were not meant to engage in the same career. We can't stay together forever.

Until now, I still miss everything about her. She's the funniest person I know. One of the most vain too. Feels better to talk to her face to face than the usual emailing that we do. Things may have turned out differently for us but it's for the better. Just like seeds, we needed space for our roots to grow. It is through distance that we were able to let each other explore the possibilities and probalilities in life. We have found our own place in the sun and we are happy for each others accomplishments. My only wish is for her to find the right person to love and one that will love her back even more.

I don't think I could ever find another one like her. Real friends are hard to find. It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack. There seems to be a lack of genuine people in this superficial society we live in. I'm glad I've found her early on.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: