Sunday, April 24, 2005

Purge



My clothes are taking too much closet space now. One can hardly squeeze in another hanger. It's even tougher to see what's behind the front row of folded everyday wear. I've tried a couple of times to have it organized, but still, there just isn't enough room for change.
Recently, i started posting on the classified ads of Friendster (Pusit.com) for my underutilized Sony Clie handheld. Then I thought, why not sell some of my clothes. I sorted them into groups: rarely used, never been used, frequently used, and for hand-me-downs. It was hard to decide on which items to let go of. I love my clothes. Even the oldest ones are still in good condition.
Since I posted last Friday, I've been getting responses from prospective buyers. There's not much money to make from this. Not much profit to brag about except for the free closet space I'm getting. But as they say..."One man's junk is another man's treasure." It would make me happier to know that somebody is willing to take it and put it to use again.

Check out the items! http://asia.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lengguymd/my_photos

14 comments:

Aggie said...

Hi Leslie! Mag-gaganyan din ako :) Saksakan ng dami kong lotion! Hihihi!

Yax said...

wow, that's a great idea! :) hmmm...

anyway, good luck leslie!

Leslie said...

Aggie, nakaka-addict mag advertise sa Pusit talaga. Dami ko na nga nabenta eh.

Tnx for wishing me luck, Yax!

Mec said...

:D

tumataba na talaga ako, at ala na ako pera :D

so nde ko na check yung mga binebenta mo, baka mapaluha lang ako

ahihi

Me said...

hmpf, blocked ang pusit sa work :( great idea on selling your old clothes. if there's an ukay-ukay nearby pwede rin dun :D

M0rN1nG & N!cE said...

Hi Leslie! Great idea on getting more closet space. =) I did the same thing last week-end pero mga papers naman. I got 139 bucks from selling them to the junk shop. Not bad di ba?

Take care!!! =)

Lisa said...

hey leslie!

were the bags on your bed when you took the pictures? we have the same linen! =) yung red na polka dots. ang cute no? mine is double-sized lang though cos i got it before i got married. have been looking for that in queen size pero phase out na daw. :,(

i've been thinking of selling some of my old stuff as well. wala na din akong closet space. but recently i've realized that i also don't have enough space for my shoes!

subukan ko nga din mag-post sa pusit.com na yan.

=)

Lisa said...

hi leslie,

just in case you were wondering... ako yung nagdelete ng isang post ha cos i accidentally posted the comment twice. =)

Leslie said...

Hi Nice! Magawa nga yan. Ang dami kong xerox ng mga reviewer na nakatambak dito. Some, way back College pa nga. Good idea.

Lisa! We have the same sized linen. Mine's in double too. Favorite ko nga yan kasi parang nahihipnotize ako matulog.
Sige, when you post sa Pusit.com, aabangan ko. Actually, madami na ko nabenta, mostly clothes and bags. Ang liit kasi ng size ng paa ko kaya ang hirap mabenta. Tnx for dropping by!

Anonymous said...

ayy i wanna buy everything! ganda ng taste mo on bags and clothes and ... lahat!

Leslie said...

Pazette! Thanks. *blush* Natuwa naman daw ako. You have impecable taste on things too. Kaya nga ang ganda talaga ng wedding mo. We all wished that we could emulate your wedding.
You know what? One thing that I learned from this experience is...to buy only the things that are essential or stuff that I plan on using long-term. Sayang kasi, kahit di pa nagagamit nadedepreciate na agad ang value. Haay! Baby steps. Matututunan ko din yan. Thanks again.

Lisa said...

hi leslie,

i have small feet din. naisip ko nga last night when i got home that i might never be able to sell any of my old shoes/sandals - some of them ni hindi ko pa nagagamit - cos i have really small feet. 4.5 to 5. ha ha. di proportional sa body size ko ata.

i'll let you know pag naka-setup nako sa pusit. will sort things out this weekend.

=)

gra said...

hi les.. i think mai is having a garage sale of her stuff this sat.. you might want to sell yours with hers din? :)

Leslie said...

Mimi! Komedyante ka talaga! LOL.
Grace, I'm also one of the sellers at the garage sale on Sunday. Excited nga ako kasi magkikita na kami ni Mai after almost 1 year of exchanging mails. Kaya lang ngayon pa lang, unti-unti nag nauubos paninda ko. Sana may matira pa for sunday.