Monday, April 11, 2005

Subic

Tan lines. I haven't had one in a long time. I have chosen to shelter myself from the sun (at least until the wedding). Now that everything is done and over with, bring it on. I wouldn't mind spending the day at the beach. Don't forget the sunblock! This weekend was a breather. I always wanted to go to Bora for the summer. I guess I'd have to settle for the good ol' SUBIC for now.
I couldn't help think about my childhood days when we always spend the summer weekends going to the beach. Not a care in the world, I swam til my skin gets wrinkled. Funny though, I always wondered why I got so dark in a very short span of time. I've asked my mom to put coppertone on me a thousand times but to no avail. Now I realized, that since it was I who always grabbed the Coppertone from the racks, I was picking the wrong kind. Ignorance got the best of me. It was a tanning lotion and not the sunblock that I bought. Excuse my dumb-a**.
Anyway, it was fun seeing the bluish green sea again. The tide was a little high but the sea was calm enough to allow us to see the sand and creatures below. Two days of fun, fun fun!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
+ + +
I woke up with a terrible pain on my right upper extremity extending to my ribs and back. I must have acquired it from playing badminton. Truly, one is bound to suffer injuries (or the like) from playing with an unconditioned body. Don't forget to warm-up and cool down. I used to play it back in college. I have lived a sedentary lifestyle since Med school. The only exercise I had was walking from the dorm to my next class.
+ + +
On the way home to Manila, we dropped by my grandma's house in Lubao, Pampanga. It's been a month or two since I last visited. She's 93 years old now, 94 in May. Her eyes are not as keen as they used to, her hearing is deteriorating too, her bloodpressure is unstable even with maintenance meds. She's fighting the battle of her life each day.
My dad and I are her favorites. She can't recognize some of her children but somehow, she can always figure out that it's me on her side. Her body is weak... but her spirit is still souring high. I only pray to God that she stays long enough to see me bear a child of my own. That's her wish, her desire.

8 comments:

Aggie said...

Hay naku Leslie, di na rin ako nakakapag-beach as in 5 years na yata! Pag payat na ako..hehehe...

Leslie said...

Aggie!
Palakasan lang ng loob yan. Sarap magswimming! Yehey! Finally, nakapagpaaraw din ako sa beach!

dionne said...

wow! sarap mga-beach but looks like i'll shy away from the sun muna not until the wedding. hehe! glad you enjoyed it. =)

Leslie said...

Mimi, gayagaya talga ito si maan. Idol nya kasi ako eh. Hehe. Teka, beach ulit? Tara! Bili muna ko bago bathing suit para ibang pattern naman babakat sa likod ko.

Anonymous said...

inggit ako! bat summer na summer na dyan? dito laging umuulan!

Anonymous said...

inggit ako! bat summer na summer na dyan? dito laging umuulan!

Leslie said...

Dyonne, tago ka muna sa sun para ganda complexion come wedding day.

Pazette, tag-ulan na pala dyan. Anong month ba maganda magpunta ng Singapore? Yung walang ulan ha para makapaglibot. Anyway, ako nga inggit kay Mimi kasi sa Boracay sya nagbeach. Sa bagay, pareho lang naman nakakaitim sikat ng araw kahit saan. Hehe.

Yax said...

lovely pics, leslie! :) sarap talaga mag-beach!!! kayo ngayon, ang itim ko na!!! waaaaH!!! :( ;)

:lol: