Thursday, February 24, 2005

Reel Deal


bride
Originally uploaded by sThig.

Got our video today from DVPost. We first thought that we would just have a viewing of the edited version and get the raw clips. Surprisingly, we got to take home the final product in less than a month. I really requested that they finish it by tuesday next week (as my FIL will be leaving for PNG on Wed.) They didn't promise me anything but deep inside I hoped that they'll do it.

It was really pleasant to watch, fast-paced, not dragging nor redundant, light-hearted and a picture of a truly joyous occassion. Every scene was worth keeping! But the video only lasted for 20 mins. I don't know if it's too short. Maybe I hoped that it would be longer. I feel that they could have done a better job with the dvd menu. In any case we saw what we wanted to see and it was documented well. That was enough.

Wow! Now I saw how the event unfolded. As usual, I got teary-eyed watching the wedding march and the father-bride dance. Once again, i fed jayson's brewing plan to embarrass me. What a cry baby! I cried because I'm so ecstatic! I think that's a good sign that they did their job well.

Personally, i don't like the idea of being unobtrusive (quite an overused word) when it comes to video. We all need a little help every now and then. A little directing is of big help! Sometimes we get lost, confused on how things should go about. Their artistry is what we've payed for. Let the videographers do their work, but not to the point of orchestrating the whole thing (which i think they won't be able to do unless you're a moron!). As you get the hang of it, everything will transpire smoothly.

Final Verdict: 9 (avp, on-site, video)

To DVPost, Kudos! It was our pleasure to work with you!

No comments: