Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Wedding Moments

The wedding is over and I'm back with our story!

Truly, all the hard work payed-off. Since I've been planning the wedding by myself (jayson's just there to drive me around... sometimes), I often wonder if I can pull the whole thing off. We had 8 months to prepare for this event, one month for each year that we've been together. After all the weightloss, sleepless nights, and hairloss too, the wedding had commenced.

Most of the moments were unforgettable, but there are moments that stood out for me. This was really a day that no married couple will forget.

I'm a jolly person mostly. But everytime I see my dad, I get really emotional...a cry baby. The moment I got dressed with my gown, my dad disappeared from the room. Jayson's dad told me that my dad went to their room. "May baha sa kabilang kwarto." I thought somebody left an open faucet. Yun pala, bumabaha ng luha dahil sa dad ko. I kept on laughing! After a while, he came back to our room for the picture taking. Oh boy, I was surprised at myself. I totally lost it. One look at him and the tears just kept falling. Mimi (our photographer) didn't know what to do with me. Medyo matagal din ako naa-peace. Para ngang lalo nya ko pinicturan. Haha! It was time to take a family portrait. My mom was really in to it but my dad was hesitant. 4 shots pa lang, suko na! Naiiyak na naman kasi! So after a few more shots with my ento ,we headed off to fernwood.

It was so quiet in the car. Nobody wanted to show their emotions and start another crying session. We reached the church early. My parents got out of the car as I waited inside. I was so happy to see that the chapel was so full and there were even some guests standing on the sides. It was overwhelming! I entered the chapel with a smile, but halfway through the aisle, the tears kept pouring. There was nothing I can do to stop it. I saw my mom and dad waiting for me at the end, everybody was crying along with them. As my dad gave me away, I hugged him and it felt as if I didn't want to let go. But upon seeing Jayson approach to take my hand, I knew it was time to let go of my parents. When we reached our seats, my darling husband held my hand tight and whispered softly to my ear, " I love you, baby". That did it for me! It's really happening... I'm marrying the man that I've always loved and loved me back even more.



Seeing the faces of family and friends gathered inside the garden, knowing that many people wanted to share with our union, we were at loss for words. Some said, they wouldn't miss it for the world and that they waited for 8 agonizing years for this moment. Well, they're not alone. We did too! All the wait is over and everything was perfect.

No comments: