Wednesday, March 02, 2005

In a Day

Just one of those days when nothing seem to go right. I was excited to rise thing morning, got to bring out the hCG test. I was hoping for a positive result. I guess I wished for something so early. Maybe, God didn't want my 1st child to be born on November 1. Yes, I already counted the days and computed my Expected Date of Confinement. Oh well, maybe my biorhythm is still adjusting. Give it more time, patience is a virtue.



***
On the lighter side, come to think of it, we should be celebrating our 1st month anniversary today. Don't know when to celebrate since it falls on the 31st of the month.



***
While waiting for Jayson's dad to get his Visa from the PNG Embassy, we let time pass by watching Million Dollar Baby. Mo Cousha (hope I spelled that right) Gaelic term meaning: My darling, My blood. I should have watched it with my dad. Nothing like a father's love to his daughter...or something like that. Perserverance, dedication, heart...If only we could all be like the heroine. Make a difference when everything seem ordinary and hopeless.

***
Championship season for Jayson's Basketball League. Today should have been theirs. I know he deserves the title, CHAMPION. He had more heart, more will, more talent than any of his team mates combined. He made his presence known just like old times. But one man doesn't make a team. It should have been theirs. We waited for so many years for this moment, only to see it slip away. It's his last game today. There won't be other days. But, i'll always remember this moment. Today, he redefined the meaning of victory.

No comments: